Remember the ice bucket challenge? It was a simple challenge for ALS that went viral and raised a tonn of money. We’ll I’d like this declutter challenge to go viral as well so I need everyone’s help!
The purpose of this challenge is two fold; To declutter your home and to raise money for your chosen charity.
Here is how the challenge works.
- nominate three people to take the challenge
- inturn challenge them to nominate three more people
- declutter a room/area in their home
- place the items for sale on Facebook market place or choose another option if you prefer
- donate 50% of the money earned to a charity of your choice
- Donate unsold items to a drop off site of your choice (i.e. Good Will, Salvation Army, Cancer Society)
- post on your page or announce on Facebook live your chosen charity and that a donation has been made, keep the donation amount to yourself, it’s not important.
That’s it! Let’s make this go viral in time for the holidays!
Here are a few tips foe selling safely on Facebook Marketplace
- Never give out personal information
- Make all contact through Facebook Messenger
- If selling locally make the sale in a very public location, do not let a buyer come to your home.
- Bring a friend to the delivery meeting
- Listen to your gut, if you are nervous at all about the transaction, cancel.
- Do some research for further safety tips.